Sunday, November 18, 2012

Inexpensive Quality Makeup

for my LESLIE 




I LOVE MAKEUP!!!!  Now that we have that out of the way, let's continue.  Quality makeup comes with a quality price, right?  WRONG!  You can still have quality makeup for a reasonable price.  I buy a little of everything.  Although a majority of my collection consist of M.A.C. cosmetics, it's NOT the first thing I always reach for.

I want to share with you my opinion of great and reasonable cosmetic brands that I use frequently.  Not just makeup, but brushes as well.  Yup, I skimp on those too.  I don't own many of the top of the line brushes, and until my money ship comes in, I'll stick with these!

You ready?  Let's GO!



e.l.f. makeup starts off at the ah-mazing price of $1.00!!!  Yup, ONE DOLLAR!  

\

They sell everything from eyeshadow, liquid eyeliner, concealer, blush, lip gloss, and a host of other cosmetic items.   My favorite items are their eyelashes, makeup wipes remover, and eye liner gel.



My other favorite makeup item from e.l.f. is their Brushes!  Particularly from their studio line. My favorite one is the "Powder Brush"



I use the Powder Brush to put my liquid foundation on, and it is awesome!  It's super soft and give me a flawless, air brushed finish.

The studio brushes are individually priced at $3.00. I own a few of these brushes, and they are a pretty good buy.












Sonia Kashuk is a cosmetic brand that can only be found at Target.  I love this brand as well.  Although I don't own a bunch of their cosmetics, I'm a huge fan of the brushes.










A lot of Sonia Kashuk brushes come in the CUTEST sets, like the ones pictured above.  I personally think the sets are a better buy, especially those looking for a variety of different brushes.  Sonia Kashuk brushes can also be bought individually, and range from $4.99 to $12.99.







What is there not to love about not to love about NYX!?  I own quite a bit of this makeup, and I am happy to say I will always be a retuning customer.  




NYX, pronounced "NIX" not N.Y.X. was named after the ancient Greek Goddess who ruled the night.  I love all of their lipsticks, and I LOVE their lip pencils!  They are only $1.99, and can be found at ULTA, and select beauty supply stores.






Wet N Wild, is my go to cosmetic line for LIPSTICK! I love their Mega Last Lip sticks!  You can put these lipstick up against the best, and they would hold their own!  They come in a huge variety of colors, and of course are very affordable.





My favorite color is 902C "Bare It All."  It is the perfect nude for African American women.  I have so many backups for this color, just in case they run out or stop making them, lol! 






They also have really great eyeshadow palettes.  They are super pigmented, and like any other eyeshadow, apply a good base, and it will last all day!  The only down side to them is they are really easy to break so you have to be very delicate with them.









Milani had me at hello with their baked blushes and eyeshadows!  They are very pigmented, and the eyeshadows can be used wet or dry.






Here are the Milani blushes I own.  It gives me chills looking at them :) 




Some of the other brushes that I like as well are "ECOTOOLS" and "Real Techniques"




These are really good brushes, for a reasonable price.





A great alternative to M.A.C.'s brow pencils are "Maybelline Define-A-Brow" pencils.  It is very hard to find the color "DARK BROWN" from the Maybeline Define-A-Brow pencils. In my opinion it's very close to M.A.C.'s brow pencil in the color "Spiked."






I was shopping and stopped in Love Culture and discovered they sold eyelashes.  I bought a few and they are great.  They retail at $2.90, and they also sell individual eyelashes.  










So here's my go to collections of great inexpensive makeup!  Share with me what's your go to inexpensive makeup.  




14 comments:

  1. I've got to get some of those wet n wild nude lipsticks! they're only like $2?! real techniques brushes are arguably the best i've ever used. they're in credibly soft and easy to use/manage!
    revlon is another one of my favs! I like their photo ready foundation, lipsticks, and glosses. maybeliine too! I've never tried a mascara that I didn't like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took pics of the Revlon photo ready foundation, but didn't post it. I've never used it, but I've heard good stuff about it. Thanks T!!!

      Delete
  2. I love my elf studio brushes!! I also use the powder brush for my liquid foundation, it applies it so smooth and even!! I am also a MAC lover, but I have learned that I can get really good quality makeup for cheap, I use elf, NYX, and whatever else I can find that I like. I have been buying BH Cosmetics palettes and I LOVE them!! The eyeshadows are so rich and vibrant, I apply them over the white NYX eyeshadow primer, I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love and have used every brand I love them all. Black Radiance liquid foundation is good too, and only $5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tried their foundation, I'll have to look into it. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Dont really wear make up put good blog very helpful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't live without my black opal foundation. It works better than M.A.C for me. I'm loving your blog Tisha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to post it!! I still have the pics I took of the line, maybe I will since I didn't list any foundations. THANK YOU!!

      Delete
  6. Love this! I always think that if it didn't come from the expensive counters in the mall, then it's not going to look classy or last. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not at all! Thank you so much for reading Raygan!

      Delete
  7. EEKKKKK! This post brings me so much joy I can't TAKE ITTTT! I will come back later for a full response, I need to calm down :)))))) :))))))) :)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post just reminded me that I STILL need to try those Real Techniques brushes! Great post! Do a part 2 and include Black Opal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So impressed w/the Wet n Wild shadows. Comfort Zone is so great. Butter soft, great colors and the price !!

    ReplyDelete