Saturday, November 17, 2012

Detroit's Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony


Detroit's Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony was AWESOME!  


The event took place in the heart of Detroit, at Campus Martius Park.  The event was filled with entertainment, food, and festivities!  My family and I make a trip here annually to create wonderful holiday memories for our children.  The tree lighting ceremony definitely puts me in a festive mood. This event attracts thousands of people from all over!  My family and I had a wonderful time, as we sang christmas carols, ate cookies and cupcakes, and ice skated!  

For all of my readers who have never been to Detroit, I know we have a reputation that proceeds us.  I'm here to let you know, not every part of our city is plagued with gun violence, and death. This city has a lot of history, and great people.  I believe in the restoration of this great city in JESUS matchless name (steps down off soap box).  

NOW, come on along with me to witness this wonderful event!





Ice skating performers! I loved their costumes.

 Santa graced us with his presence!  Hey Santa!!


Hey everybody!  I had to pull out my sequined tam for this occasion!  I love anything that glitters or sparkles!


 I will always donate to the Salvation Army!  The worlds tallest kettle. #madeinDETROIT


How creative was this lady!?  




On Woodward Avenue, The Somerset Collection.

Marshmallow roasting at Campus Martius Park



The Fountain Bistro, located inside of Campus Martius Park. A great place for fine dining, and a great, warm view of the park.



What a great way to kick start our holiday as we approach Thanksgiving! If you have never been to Detroit's Tree Lighting ceremony, or if you're ever in town, make it your business to come on down for a GREAT TIME!  Thank you DETROIT! 


7 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! I'm taking the kids next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Detroit (tear), every week I think about moving back
    and you looked ca-yute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are visiting my husband's family for Thanksgiving. Each year I ask to do something festive. Wish we could have done this. It looks like sooo much fun! Do you attend the parade? I ask to go every year and haven't been yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll be going to the parade! It's a good time as well.

      Delete
  4. Missed this event but my kids and I will be at the parade bright and early!

    ReplyDelete