Sunday, November 25, 2012

Glitter Lips




YAY!!!!  It's Christmas time, and If you're like me, you're not only worried about what you're going to wear to the holiday party, but what your makeup will look like as well!

Well, have no fear!  I have the perfect lip that will make you the center of attraction!  It's called a "Glitter Lip."


I wore a red glitter lip (my fave) to my friends birthday party this past weekend, and the comments poured in.  People told me that my lips were "hypnotizing", lol!  I had one person tell me they were "superb!"  Pictures do glitter lips no justice.  I'm never able to capture to "bling" on my lips.









Glitter lips are very easy to do.  Just use any lipstick, applied heavily, to make the glitter stick. For my red lip, I used M.A.C's "Ruby Woo."  



Once the lipstick was applied, I used a finely milled glitter and applied it to my lips in the color red.  The glitter can be purchased from any craft store.  I purchased mine from Michaels and de-potted them into the containers pictured below . 



Using my finger, I pressed the glitter into the lipstick.  The lipstick is what actually allows the glitter to adhere to your lips.




Here are a few combinations I tried using different color lipsticks and glitter. Again, pictures do it noooooooo justice.




I got the idea from TymetheInfamous, who I am subscribed to on Youtube.  Here is her video, which is a step by step demo on how to do a glitter lip for day or night time.






 This lipstick never let's me down.  Every time I wear a glitter lip, someone approaches me about it.  The only cons are you may have to sip through a straw, and use a fork and knife for everything you eat.  Also, it can be a little drying on your lips.  It will definitely last all night, and won't need a touch up.  Try it out, and let me know what you think! 


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty!!! I'm definitely going to try a glitter lip!!! Although, my lips may be a bit big for that!! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glitter lips are my FAV! I'm gonna try a new
    Color the next time I do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you do a video tutorial on how you apply the glitter to your lips. I would love to try this for upcoming holiday parties. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete