Wednesday, November 14, 2012

All That Glitters



Nothing on this earth puts me in the mood for the holiday like SEQUINS!!!
 On top of family, food, decor, snow, food, music, and did I say food?  SO, yeah I love sequins.  My daughter has been my little muse for my love of sequins, and her wardrobe shows it.  









Last year for my birthday, I donned a pair of sequin shorts, with a white button up, a blue blazer, and a sequin bow tie.





On my way to a concert last month, I decided to go with a sequin skirt.  I paired it with a graphic tee, a leather jacket, and a pair of Jodeci patent leather boots from my favorite store, Target.  Sorry the boots aren't pictured, I lost all my photos and I had to steal this pic off of my Instagram, so it's cut off.   I originally had my eye on a silver sequined skirt, but it sold out super quick.  This entire outfit came from F21. 







I've been hunting a pair of sequined pants for a while.  While shopping for my daughter at The Children's Place, I found a pair of sequined leggings, and I could fit them!  The pants were on sale for $19.99.  Who would've thought of looking in a children's store for adult clothes!?  





They're in a XL, size 14 and they are stretchy and comfortable.






My next sequin purchase will be a dress.  I spotted this one from LuLu's.com and they were sold out. Make sure not to go on a sequin overload.  Pair sequins with simple pieces, and let the sequins speak for themselves. Trust me they will! 





Cheer's to a sequined filled holiday! Happy shopping :) 






13 comments:

  1. I buy out of the kids section all the time!!!! I was eyeing the black faux fur shrug from your Target post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen Michael Kors Holiday 2012 collection? Sequins for days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOOO jealous that you can fit a child size 14...you know I am gonna try right? lol... I am in LOVE with anything sparkly!!! Great post Tish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely try and see, they definitely are stretchy. Seeing that you are holding more back there than I am, lol it might not work. Any day your are willing to trade, I'll gladly switch!!! Thank you as always for the support Chanda!!!

      Delete
  4. Love sequin and im do jealous you can where childrens place clothes lol. Cute though can u do a plus sz blog for your cuz please. I love your style :-) ps please save Morgan all Brookes clothes thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I now look at sequin in a different light!! Macy's has some items on sale that I have to check out. My anniversary is coming up and I may have to add some sequin to my date!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I was inspired by this post and found some black sequin pants at Target in the kids section for $16.99. I found London a hat and skirt too. I'm thinking about doing our holiday pictures in sequin for me and her. Thanks for the inspiration! Now I need to find us a top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my pants were a XL (14) I see some of that ladies are looking for some. The brand is Harajuku Mini

    ReplyDelete
  8. where did you get those adorable sequin shorts?!

    ReplyDelete