Saturday, January 5, 2013

Thrifty Broads

Hey guys!  It's been a while. I took a small hiatus to celebrate the holidays with my family, and I must say I had a wonderful time.  I hope you and your family also enjoyed your holidays as well.

One Holiday in particular that still stands out in my mind, is New Years!  My family and I kicked our New Years into high gear by celebrating at one of Detroit's newest and hottest restaurants, Rodin, and we had a wonderful time!



Of course I had to find the perfect outfit to ring the new year in, but at a reasonable price! I took along my thrifting partner in crime, my sister TaNisha, to find our apparel for the party. We headed to our favorite place to shop on a budget Regeneration in Pleasant Ridge, Michigan.  We came up with a competition to see who could find an outfit on a budget of $50.00 or less.  




We scoured the racks for a couple of outfits, and ironically we picked up a couple of pieces that were really similar....









After playing bopsie twins dress up, lol, we headed back to the racks to find that special piece to wear for the party.

TaNisha wanted to channel her inner Eva Marcille from the infamous Ciroc commercial with Diddy and his crew.  She found this gorgeous vintage blue sequined dress for only... $16.00!





I spotted a beautiful gold and black sequined vintage top for $16.50.  I already owned a pair of black sequin leggings that I felt would go perfect with this top! 





While heading to check out, I spotted this white faux fur floor length coat that I had to have!  Although I knew it would take me over the $50.00 budget, I couldn't leave it behind.




No girl is complete without hair and makeup!!  We headed to our favorite hair stylist Meatta. B of the Megan Mitchell Salon in Ferndale, Michigan to let Meatta beautify our tresses. 


Meatta gave TaNisha some of her infamous "reverse curls."




I opted for long straight hair, so Meatta blended my ClipNGo's flawlessly into my hair.





After our hair was complete, we headed home and got dressed to head out with the rest of the gang.
I appropriately named my coat, "cocaine" lol!  I love her and she loves me :)



TaNisha's grand total for her outfit was...... $16.98.  My grand total for my outfit was $54.76.  I was four dollars over, making TaNisha the winner!!!



Rodin was the perfect place to celebrate the New Year at!  There was standing room only, and the atmosphere was amazing, filled with music, laughter, good food, fun, friends and family! 





TaNisha and I LOVE thrifiting!!  We enjoy finding outfits for any occasion on a budget at the thrift store.  We are truly "Thrifty Broads" lol!  

HAPPY NEW YEARS from the Prater family, and stay tuned for more segments of Thrifty Broads!!



14 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE that top!!!!! Great find girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ladies look fab! Love the coat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top and coat was fab and so cheap a find. U ladies looked awesome for the new year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB outfits ladies!! I need to go in Regeneration SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make thrifting look so easy. Its a headache for me lol I get frustrated when I cnt find what im looking for but you look great and where is Rodin at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you cuz! Rodin is in Detroit at the corner of Woodward and Kirby.

      Delete
  6. i am so a thrift addict...I have to be with four kids..LOL...but I loved your finds and I must admit i love the old with the new...so inspiring...LOVE THE BLOG!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sequined top and coat! You ladies looked fab!

    Demetria
    www.divasthrifttwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete