Monday, December 17, 2012

Black Opal True Color Stick Foundation

Black Opal is one of my favorite drug store cosmetic lines.  
I was on the hunt for the perfect foundation shade, because I have the HARDEST time locating a foundation that matches my complexion.  It's either too green, or too orange. 



Not only has color matching been an issue for me, but also blemishes, and acne scaring.  At the young age of 31, I'm still fighting the good fight against one of the most hated foes, acne.  Coverage is also important to me as well when picking a foundation.


I heard so much about Black Opal's True Color Stick Foundation through the wonderful world of Instagram and my Instagram friends.  I found a awesome Makeup Artist on Instagram name Nicky Posley @nickygerome on Instagram.




Nicky used Black Opal's True Color Stick Foundation on a model and I fell in LOVE with it!






I headed out to my local drug store and picked up the stick for $9.50  in the color "Truly Topaz" and it was too light for my complexion.  I returned it for "Bronzed Beauty" and that was too dark, but I decided I would keep it and mix it with my MAC "Matchmasters Foundation" and low and behold, I found a winner!!




This product is Ah-Mazing!  It gave me great coverage and a flawless finish. All of my blemishes and acne scaring were concealed perfectly.  The True Color Foundation Stick has a creamy finish, and doesn't make my skin feel heavy.
I believe that my shade that I would need form Black Opal is "NUTMEG"  I have looked high and low, literally, with no avail.  It is available online, but it's nothing like not having to wait to get a product, but this combo is perfect so I'll stick with this until otherwise. 


I continued on with my full face routine concealing my under eye area, then conturing and highlight areas of my face.  




After that I added lashes, eyeliner, and lipstick (MAC's Seductive Intent) and I was done!  Overall I give Black Opal's True Color Stick Foundation and A.  Would've been an A+ if I could've found my exact shade, but I'm hopeful that I'll find my shade, and if it not I'll continue mixing and matching, lol!  






9 comments:

  1. I still haven't found my shade... Now you're making me wanna go out and look for it again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you find it, let me know how you like it!

      Delete
  2. Very nice! I need to find me some. Every store I go to they don't even sell it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, try stores in Detroit. They have a store guide where their products can be found on their website.

      Delete
  3. I found it at the Rite Aid at Greenfield & 10 mile in Oak Park. Im thinking Truly Topaz is my color I want to try another one to compare. I found that oil powder too. I'm going to try them next week I got the last of them both today. They need to restock. So far I'm in love with the coverage I have blemishes too. Love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey sis! what shade are you in mastermaster?

    ReplyDelete