Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Pictures

It's Christmas time!!!  
This time of year means a lot to me, but the one thing that brings a smile to my soul is Christmas pictures!  I LOVE taking pictures!  I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I don't have a lot of myself as a child.  No baby pictures, elementary, middle, or high school, NONE. :(  I made a promise to myself that when I had children, pictures were a priority.  It's very important to me to see a part of your history through pictures, and I always despised the fact that I didn't possess any.   


I think Kris Jenner and I are twins at heart when it comes to family Christmas photo's.  I anticipate the Jenner/Kardashian/Odom/Disick Christmas portrait every year.  This has been a tradition in the Kardashian family since they were children. 






It's become a tradition in my family as well to take Christmas pictures of my kids yearly. These kind of memories will last longer than any gift you could receive (my opinion).

2008

2009



2010

2011




Then my husband and I decided to come from behind the scenes and sit in for a family photo.  As the years went by, we couldn't afford to pay a professional photographer to photograph us. I wish I had Kardashian money, but we don't.  We didn't want to lose this tradition, so we did it ourselves. I prop my MacBook up, open up photo booth, add a few lights, and we make some magic happen.  It's also important that we coordinate with our attire, yes I'm lame, lol!


2010
I decided everyone should sport RED


2011
We all wore white shirts with red ties.


2012
This year I found sweaters for myself and my children at the thrift store (where else).  The boys wore red and the girls wore black, and we sat down in our dining room and took a couple of pictures, lol. 


I paid $4.00 for my sweater from Value World and I found Nolan's sweater for $1.20.  I found Brooke's sweater for $6.00 at Regeneration


I look forward to thinking of what next year Christmas photo's will bring, and how we will coordinate our clothing. What's your family tradition?  Is there anyone else out here that's a stickler for Christmas photo's? 

In loving memory of Phyllis Smith. My coworker who anticipated my family photo's every year. RIP

6 comments:

  1. This is the best! We still need to take our .pictures smh. I almost said forget it because its taking so long to coordinate dates and time. I guess if we do it before New Years it will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yup, it's never to late to take a family picture.

      Delete
  2. your family is BEYOND beautiful!
    you're like the perfect image of what a black family should look like.
    I hope to have a similar looking family soon :)
    these pictures are AWESOME! macbooks are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you!!!!! Aren't they! I love my Macbook! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Awww how lovely! I think I may start this tradition when my husband and I start a family. May I ask which lipstick you're wearing in the last photo? That red looks hawt on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yinka! I'm wearing MAC's Lady Danger.

      Delete